What I Think Hypertext is

「電腦、網路、後現代文學」

版主: 編選小組

What I Think Hypertext is

文章Alice Wei 發表於 2004-04-02,4:31 pm

Hypertext, in my opinion, is a sort of computer works on-line,
but it is not a kind of mere text that has just the text we can see on paper. Instead, it is a sort of text with interaction, with fixity and alteration that we can easily see on the Internet, according to what we want to do and as we like it. According to OED online, the definition is as follows:
[i] Text which does not form a single sequence and which may be read in various orders; spec. text and graphics (usu. in machine-readable form) which are interconnected in such a way that a reader of the material (as displayed at a computer terminal, etc.) can discontinue reading one document at certain points in order to consult other related matter. [/i] :P
Recently, I have seeen a lot of works like 紅樓夢 and works by the well-known literary authors on line, similar to the idea of books. Those are not computer literature, but the following http://users.rcn.com/rick.interport/lies/lies.html is one of the basic examples I think as a type of hypertext, although it is very simple compared to the Victory Garden. Hypertext requires that sense of individuality, allowing us readers to rewrite the story according to our own choice or reading path to get what we would like to experience--Not computer "written" works. :roll: [/url]
This is my opinion, 請多多指教
Alice Wei
耕詩家

文章: 33
註冊時間: 2004-04-02,4:13 pm
來自: 輔仁大學英文系 魏如萱

文章徵蔚 發表於 2004-04-02,6:20 pm

Alice,
Your opinion is great. But don't forget that hyperfiction does not have to be online. The Internet may provide hyperfiction with more flexibility and interactivity, but it may not be a necessity to hypertextual narrative.
BTW, the example you gave is the so-called arborescent hypertext.
Do you remember the three types of hypertext we discussed in class (the axial, arborescent and network)? I think it'll be better to make the hyperfiction into a network. Only a personal preference. FYI. Keep working. :D
頭像
徵蔚
卸任版主

文章: 125
註冊時間: 2003-06-25,12:25 am
來自: 常飄著雨的城市~

文章瘋狐狸 發表於 2004-04-05,11:37 pm

抱歉,用中文插個花:)

我想,無論是軸狀、樹枝狀或者網狀的多向文本,目的應該都在於擊破某種長久以來即被視為理所當然的閱讀邏輯。就我個人的經驗而言,初次接觸多向文本/超連結的經驗,最適合用這兩個字來表達:「干擾」。

原因很簡單,因為我是一個長期接觸敘事性文本的人,在那樣的文本裡,起承轉合的重要性不言可諭,或者,更正確地說,我所接觸過的那類文本對我的影響大到我無法想像。

所以,當一個又一個的超連結擺在眼前的時候,不說別的,就說網頁上標示超連結的不同顏色和不同格式,就足以徹底干擾我的閱讀。

干擾,也因此成為多向文本對我的意義當中的第一個重點。

不知道大家是不是也和我有相類似的經驗呢?
狐狸總在發瘋的時候,開始變胖
瘋狐狸
卸任版主

文章: 85
註冊時間: 2003-06-12,1:26 pm
來自: 阿給、鐵蛋和魚酥……

文章徵蔚 發表於 2004-04-06,3:08 pm

Hi...
我想這是個有趣的詞彙,干擾。
事實上超文本的閱讀概念,有一部份來自於現代科學研究對於人類認知方式的進一步了解。傳統閱讀與書寫介面的線性、階層敘述方式雖然在某層面來講幫助人類以較為邏輯、系統的方式思考,但是卻也產生了很多的問題。系統邏輯的好處是條理分明,但是缺點卻是無法處理隨處可見的縫隙與盲點。二十世紀的學術無不試圖尋找結構,例如科學,便是努力架構理論,找出宇宙間的通則與定理。然而我們越來越發現到,結構並不足以說明一切,混沌往往是宇宙存在的更大一部分,更加重要的方式。妄加連結、填補知識空隙的結果,往往造成了人類對於自身渺小的進一步認知。我很喜歡 Michael Crichton 在科幻小說 Timeline 的前言,短短兩三頁的文字,卻說明了人類科學疆域不斷重劃的情形。我們正站在這樣的地平線,在不斷提升的同時,卻也體認到自己原先的低落。人類的思維邏輯也是如此。過去我們早已知到意識層面的自我只是很小一部份,屬於潛意識與無意識的部分,卻猶如冰山一角,難以探測。
千百年來,人類的敘述與思維模式被框架在線性邏輯中,因此感受到超連結的干擾。但是讓我們試圖回想平時的思考模式,是否也充滿著許多的跳躍與連結?
系統階層是很有效率的思考工具,但是跳躍認知具有更加廣闊的活力。
從電腦程式的發展我們也可以看出,傳統的指令式語言已經逐漸落伍,所謂平行分散處理的時代正在誕生,這種隨機分散,策略重組的模式,其實正是生物的演化關鍵。
超文本閱讀究竟是一種干擾,或者是解放,現在似乎言之過早,不過我們似乎應該逐漸揚棄傳統的創作思維模式,緩慢走向新的思維領域。
其實將這些東西定義為「新」其實有些不公平。因為在人類歷史當中,有許多的產物,正是呼應類似的跳躍思考模式。例如 索引 (index),例如註腳與附註 (footnote and endnote),都是在線性思維中尋求短暫解脫的嘗試。
很高興瘋狐狸先生與我們一起討論、印證有關於超文本創作的想法。也希望這樣的討論可以激盪出更多火花!
頭像
徵蔚
卸任版主

文章: 125
註冊時間: 2003-06-25,12:25 am
來自: 常飄著雨的城市~

回到 輔仁大學〈英文系〉

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 6 位訪客